RV Organization Hacks
Whether you’re driving around a pop-up camper or a Class A diesel motorhome, a little organization can go a long way. Nobody wants to start their vacation by digging endlessly for that bottle of sunscreen that’s rolled off into some far corner of the coach. With space-saving hacks and clever RV organization ideas, you can keep your RV organized no matter its size! So if you’re ready to RV like you’re Marie Kondo (do you think she likes RVing?) check out these expert tips and tricks.
Using Your Existing Tricks for RV Organization
There are plenty of RV parts and accessories you can add to your coach that will help with organization, but we’d like to start with some RV organization hacks that use the existing spaces in your motorhome to keep things organized.
Here are a few RV organization ideas that use your existing storage options for space-saving organization:
- Store items in unused areas. Heading out for a trip without the whole family? Unused bunk beds are a great spot to store some extra items, just be sure to put them in boxes so they don’t move around too much. Don’t plan on cooking during this trip? Your oven can be another great spot for storing items, just make sure you remove them before turning it on!
- Choose an RV with clever storage solutions. If you’re looking to buy an RV, make sure to keep storage in mind when shopping. Many of today’s RVs for sale include clever storage solutions, such as storage behind TVs or shoe storage underneath stairs.
- Don’t forget your exterior storage. Most RVs include exterior storage and some even have pass-thru storage. Don’t ignore this awesome storage spot! Roller bins and long boxes can help you make the most of your available space in these storage areas.
Of course, there are also ways to amplify your RV storage with DIY approaches and clever solutions. If you’ve filled up your exterior storage and made use of all the clever spots that already exist for storage in your RV, keep on reading for more RV organization hacks.
DIY RV Organization Hacks
There are tons of RV lifestyle blogs with tips on organizing your coach, making it easy to mix and match RV organization hacks to find your best fit. We’re happy to share some of our favorite do-it-yourself RV organization projects that can help add even more storage space to your RV.
Here are our top 5 DIY RV organization ideas:
- Use tension rods and baskets to add more storage. If your RV has higher ceilings, tension rods and baskets can add stylish storage. Consider using tension rods in the bathroom to hold a towel basket, toilet paper rolls, or in bunk beds to hold stuffed animals. When using this storage idea, put lighter, soft items in the baskets.
- Get magnetic in the kitchen and beyond. A magnet stip is the perfect way to store kitchen knives and free up precious counter space. You can take this organization hack elsewhere in your RV, using magnetic spice storage to hold smaller items like bobby pins in the bathroom or legos in a play area.
- Add a shoe organizer to non-sliding interior doors. Shoe organizers are great for organizing more than footwear. These low-profile door hanging organizers are perfect for keeping home school supplies, small electronics, or beauty supplies all in one place.
- Dual-use pillows. Searching for added spots to hide hand towels, bath towels, and beach towels? Turn to your pillows! Decorative pillow shams are a quick way to store smaller towels right in plain sight. Stuff clean towels into a pillow sham, zip things up, and take the towels out when you need them.
- Add hooks and shelves throughout your RV. Extra hooks and shelves can go a long way when it comes to DIY RV organization, and it’s easy to install these with self-stick hooks or free shelves. You can use every inch of your cabinet space by using shelves to go vertical and organize all available space. Hooks throughout your RV can be used to hang bags, throw blankets, or any other items you use often.
There are many RV storage solutions you can try to make the most of the space in your RV. With maximized storage, it’s easy to go full-time and enjoy the open road with plenty of room for all the items you need to bring along for the ride. Additional items, such as pots and pans that nestle together will help save cabinet space.
Ready to hit the road in your well-organized RV? Check out our RV road trip ideas and get ready to enter the world of camping!