Fourth of July celebrations are filled with family, friends, food and fun, and cookouts have become one of the holiday’s many traditions. Although, basic hot dogs and hamburgers aren’t always the best way to celebrate America’s birthday.
Go above and beyond with your grilling this Fourth of July and celebrate the holiday with these mouthwatering recipes you can easily prepare at the campground.
What you’ll need:
- 4 cans beer (12 ounces each)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 10 bratwurst
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate once it’s hot.
- In a large pot, combine the beer and onions and bring them to a boil.
- Drop the bratwurst into the beer and stir in the red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Reduce your stove’s heat to medium and cook them for another 10 minutes.
- Take the bratwurst out of the beer mixture and reduce the stove’s heat to low to continue cooking the onions.
- Place the bratwurst on the grill and cook for five to ten minutes. Turn the bratwurst once while cooking.
- Serve the bratwurst with the beer mixture on top.
Tex-Mex Burger with Cajun Mayo
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 1/3 pounds ground beef sirloin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 hamburger buns (split)
- 4 slices pepperjack cheese
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 leaves lettuce
- Preheat your RV grill to medium-high heat.
- Mix the mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the sirloin, jalapeno, garlic, onion, Worcestershire sauce and Cajun seasoning with your hands.
- Divide the sirloin mixture into four even balls and flatten them into patties.
- Oil the grill and place the patties on top. Grill for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Place a piece of cheese on each patty during the last two minutes of cooking.
- Spread mayonnaise on the buns and top with burgers, lettuce and tomato.