Expert Tips for Selling Your RV
Selling your RV can be a quick way to trade up to a newer motorhome, camper, or fifth wheel. It’s also a great option for turning your RV into cash. If you’re looking to sell your RV, follow these tips to ensure you’re getting a great price and selling your RV in the way that’s best for you.
RV Selling Options
There are several ways to sell your RV, and the method you choose will depend on your goals, budget, and free time you can dedicate to selling your RV. The most common ways to sell an RV are:
- RV consignment.
- Selling to a private RV buyer.
- Listing your RV on a sales website.
- Selling to a professional RV Buyer.
For RVers who are ready to sell their RV quickly and without hassle, selling to an RV dealership or RV buyer is often the best option. This allows you to quickly sell your RV without the headaches that are often associated with other RV sales methods.
At Lazydays RV, we can buy your RV for cash quickly and easily. We’ll take care of all the paperwork, and we can even handle your existing RV loan if you have one!
How to Sell an RV
Selling an RV to a dealership is often the fastest way to sell it. In most cases, you only need to follow a few steps to sell your RV to a dealership:
- Contact the RV dealership and provide details about your RV.
- Receive a quote, which you can either accept or reject.
- If you accept the quote, the dealership will handle the rest!
- Receive quick payment for your RV.
- The dealership may even pick up your RV.
Selling your RV to a dealership is really that easy!
How to Maximize Your RV’s Value when Selling
You want to get a great price when you’re selling your RV, and there are several steps you can take to update your existing rig to help boost its value for sale. Check out these tips for increasing your RV’s value:
- Inspect the RV for any small damage, such as scratches, and repair them if you’re able.
- Gather all the paperwork you have from your RV’s maintenance and service appointments.
- Deep clean the RV, inside and out.
- Check that all accessories, such as spare tires or covers, are where they need to be.
Some RVers also make small updates to their rig before selling, such as updating TVs or appliances. If you are selling to a dealership, these extra steps may not be needed.
Trading-In Your RV
Many RVers are looking to upgrade to a newer RV, and in those instances, an RV trade-in is the best option. When you trade-in your RV, you have the opportunity to upgrade to the RV of your dreams. You can trade-in your camper, motorhome, fifth wheel, toy hauler, pop-up, or other RV and choose from our wide selection of RVs for sale, with the purchase price of your old RV greatly reducing the cost of your new one.